A little bit of fragrant, creamy indulgence that is just perfect for warm days. And the sprinkling of pomegranate seeds adds a satisfying crunch to silky, smooth pot. Find the recipe at the end of the post!
Makes: 6-8 Ramekins
450ml of single or double cream
50g caster sugar
4 egg yolks
½ tsp. rose water
3-4 drops of pink food colouring
Seeds from one Pomegranate
Icing sugar to dust
- Pre-heat the oven to 140 degrees (fan)
- Grease the ramekins and place in a large deep baking tray.
- In a large saucepan heat the cream, constantly stirring for about 5 minutes but do not allow it to boil.
- Add the rose water and set aside
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a glass bowl, when combined start adding the warm cream a little at a time and continue to whisk until it’s all been added and the mixture is smooth.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve then add the food colouring.
- Boil the kettle
- Scatter the bottom of each ramekin with pomegranate seeds, pour over the crème and then fill the baking tray with the boiled water until it reaches half way on the ramekin.
- Place in the oven for about 40 mins, or until they wiggly just a little when moved.
- Remove from the baking tray allow to cool a little then place in the fridge to set for 2-24 hours. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and icing. Serve.