I made these for Betty Magazine, but they are so good I’m sharing them here too!
Recipe at the end, enjoy.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies
250g good quality dark chocolate
100g plain flour
220g caster sugar
4 large eggs
40g cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
200g cream cheese
30g caster sugar
100g fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- Grease and line an 8×8 in tin
- Gently melt the chocolate and butter with the pinch of salt in a saucepan. Transfer to a large mixing bowl to cool.
- In another bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs until light, fluffy and double in size. Carefully fold this mixture into the chocolate keeping in as much air as possible. Fold in the flour, cocoa, walnuts and baking powder.
- Pour into the baking tin.
- Whisk the cream cheese and caster sugar. With a spoon mix in the raspberries, mashing them a little as you mix. Spoon this mixture onto your brownie mix, you can swirl as you go.
- Bake for around 35 minutes or until the top is firm and an inserted skewer comes out clean from the centre. Cool, transfer to board, cut and serve warm.